Combined Federal Campaign (CFC): #14755
DC OneFund: #8728
Reasons to Support DAWN
- The incidence of abuse in the Deaf community is much greater than in the hearing community.
- Established in 1999, DAWN is the only resource in the DC area that provides specialized services and access to Deaf survivors of abuse as well as preventative outreach.
- We are a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Your donation is tax-deductible and goes a long way to supporting our programs.
Ways to Support DAWN
- Make a monetary donation. Consider making it in someone else’s name as a holiday or birthday gift!
- Make a donation of in-kind services. Please contact email@example.com
- Attend our events. DAWN's annual fundraising gala, BOOTS, is held every February. We also hold smaller gatherings throughout the year. Visit our News & Events section for more information.
DAWN accepts volunteers! Volunteers should be interested in:
- Empowering Deaf survivors of domestic violence and sexual violence.
- Empathizing with survivors by giving support and being there for them.
- Advocating for survivors at court, hospitals and other appointments.
Please contact Shazia for an application and further information on volunteering: firstname.lastname@example.org