Facts & Stats
- 80% of women with disabilities have been sexually assaulted.
- The most dangerous time for abuse survivors is when they are leaving, or the abusive partner believes they are leaving.
- The need for power and control over a partner is the cause of domestic violence—not alcohol or drugs.
- People age 18 – 24 years of age are at the greatest risk for intimate partner violence.
- 80% of all assaults are committed by an acquaintance.
- Sexual assault is a crime of violence—not a crime of passion and lust.
- Stalking is a crime.
- 1.4 million people are stalked every year.
- 74% of stalking victims are 18 – 39 years old.